ICSW welcomes applicants from many backgrounds and with an array of professional ambitions. If you are interested in joining our Master’s program, please review the guidelines below. To discuss exceptions to any of these guidelines or procedures, contact us at (312) 935-4232 or email@example.com.
Minimum requirements for consideration for the Master’s in Clinical Counseling and Psychotherapy include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university — degree need not be in psychology or social work
- Minimum 3.0 GPA at all institutions of higher education
- GRE is not required
Applicants who meet the above criteria and are interested in applying to the program are welcome to apply online. During this process, applicants are asked to submit:
- Application Form
- Statement of Purpose (Guidlines)
- Two academic or professional Letters of Recommendation (Guidelines/Applicant Recommendation Form)
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
Based on the above materials, applicants who appear well qualified for the program will be invited on-site for the remainder of the application process, which includes an in-person interview with ICSW faculty members and critical thinking assessment.
Applications for the master’s program are still being accepted for well-qualified applicants. Early submission is highly recommended in order to optimize clinical placement opportunities.