ICSW welcomes applicants from many backgrounds and with an array of professional ambitions. If you are interested in joining our Advanced Clinical Practice or Inquiring Minds program, please review the guidelines below. These guidelines are the same as the On-site Ph.D. program.
Minimum requirements for consideration for the Ph.D. program include:
- A master’s degree from an accredited graduate school of social work, counseling psychology, or a master’s degree in a closely related field
- Demonstration of a superior graduate school record: that is, a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Mastery of written and spoken English
- Personal therapy experience is not required as a prerequisite for admission, though such experience is favorably considered
To discuss exceptions to any of these guidelines contact us at (312) 935-4232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that as of January 10, 2009, ICSW no longer requires its students to be licensed clinical social workers at the time of admission.
Those interested to joining our ACP program follow the admissions procedure for the Ph.D. program. Inquiring Minds students must submit the following:
- Online application for the program they are interested in taking classes from
- Personal Statement
- Transcripts from any undergraduate/graduate programs attended
- Interview with the Associate Dean
Applications are accepted year-round. To be considered for the upcoming academic-year, we encourage you to submit the general application by May 1 for the On-site program.