ICSW welcomes applicants from many backgrounds and with an array of professional ambitions. If you are interested in joining our Advanced Clinical Practice or Student at Large program, please review the guidelines below. These guidelines are the same as the Ph.D. program.
Minimum requirements for consideration for the ACP or Student at Large programs include:
- A master’s degree from an accredited graduate school of social work, counseling psychology, or a master’s degree in a closely related field.
- Graduate program grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Personal therapy experience is not required as a prerequisite for admission, though such experience is favorably considered.
- At least baseline licensure in the State where they practice (i.e., LSW, LCP, etc.) by the time ICSW classes begin; applicants without baseline licensure may be admitted on the condition that they receive baseline licensure by the start of classes. Once classes begin, we expect students with baseline licensure to be working actively toward receiving terminal licensure (i.e., LCSW, LCPC), following their State’s guidelines regarding clinical supervision.
- An active weekly clinical caseload; ICSW doctoral students need to discuss their clinical work regularly, both in class and in consultation with members of the faculty.
Those interested in joining our ACP or Student at Large programs must submit the following:
Applications are accepted year-round.