Barry J. Koch, Ph.D.
Class of 2005
Barry J. Koch is an assistant professor and field coordinator at the Newman University School of Social Work in Colorado Springs, Col. He teaches advanced clinical courses to second-year M.S.W. students and has created two elective courses for the program. His specialities include crisis intervention, suicide prevention, psychotherapy with adults, and psychopathology. Dr. Koch also conducts biannual crisis intervention hotline counselor trainings for the Suicide Prevention Partnership in Colorado Springs.
- University of Cincinnati, B.S.W.
- University of Kentucky, M.S.W.
- Institute for Clinical Social Work, Ph.D.
Memberships & Organizations
- Suicide Prevention Partnership, Member of Board of Directors
- Mental Health America in Colorado Springs, CO., Member of Community Service Education Committee
- Presented with the “Hero of Mental Health” Award by Aspen Pointe (formerly Pikes Peak Behavioral Health Group) for extensive community service work on the issue of suicide prevention, Octo
- Presented with the Excellence in Scholarship Award by Newman University , Apri
- Nominated for Colorado Social Worker of the Year, 2010
- Nominated for Teaching Excellence Award at Newman University , 2007