Beatriz Ledesma has been in private practice in Chicago since 1995. Her areas of specialty include community mental health, hospitals, and court advocacy, as well as clinical supervision to LCPCs and consultation and teaching trainees in art psychotherapy. Dr. Ledesma’s clinical experience focuses exclusively in young and old adults, individuals and couples, and art psychotherapy groups, with special interest in the treatment of the transgendered population. She works with mood and personality disorders, women’s issues, and relational and identity issues; she utilizes psychodynamic/spiritual modality integrated with art-making, relaxation, and meditation. Dr. Ledesma is also a committed professional painter and has a strong belief that the creative process can help facilitate healing.
- B.A., School Manual Dorrego, Argentina
- Graduate Courses in Painting and Drawing, University of Illinois at Chicago
- M.A.A.T., School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Certificate, University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration, Advanced Psychodynamic Clinical Practice
- Ph.D., Institute for Clinical Social Work