Boris Thomas, Ph.D.
Class of 2009
In addition to his duties as a faculty member, Boris Thomas co-leads ICSW’s Professional Enrichment Committee, is a member of the Marcia V. Adler Scholarship Fund Committee, and supervises students for independent studies and clinical consultation. Outside of ICSW, Dr. Thomas serves a mediator at the Center for Conflict Resolution, a not-for-profit organization that provides free mediation services both in their private offices and in various courts throughout Cook County. His areas of clinical expertise include couples (same sex and straight), gay men, and issues of culture and race, and his theoretical orientation to practice includes contemporary object relations/relational theory and self psychology with some cognitive and behavioral approaches when needed.
- Wesleyan University, B.A.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- New York University Silver School of Social Work, M.S.W.
- Institute for Clinical Social Work, Ph.D.
- Cathedral Counseling Center Fellow
- International Psychoanalytical Association Research Training
- Northwestern University Divorce Mediation Training Certificate
- Center for Conflict Resolution Mediation Training Certificate
Memberships & Organizations
- American Association for Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work (AAPCSW)
- Society for Social Work & Research (SSWR)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
431 South Dearborn Street, Unit 702 Chicago, IL 60615