Freda Baron Friedman, L.C.S.W., Ph.D.
Class of 2002
Freda Baron Friedman works in Chicago’s Streeterville area and suburban Northfield, Ill., providing psychotherapy for adults, utilizing individual, couples, and group psychotherapy. Her specialities include psychotherapy for individuals and families dealing with borderline personality disorder and working with those who have experienced various forms of trauma, loss, and relationship difficulties. In addition to running several client and professional groups in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Dr. Friedman has been a faculty member at ICSW since 2008 and a member of the Professional Enrichment Committee since 2001. She is also a clinical consultant and reviewer for Behavioral Technology, the international training program for Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and presents workshops, training programs, and lectures on issues related to Borderline Personality Disorder.
Individuals, couples and families dealing with issues related to borderline personality disorder; Trauma; Relationship difficulties; Suicidal and self destructive/self defeating behaviors
- William Smith College, B.A.
- College of Mount St. Vincent, B.S.N.
- Columbia University School of Social Work, M.S.
- Institute for Clinical Social Work, Ph.D.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Intensive Advanced Training with Marsha Linehan
Memberships & Organizations
- Illinois Society for Clinical Social Work
- American and Illinois Psychiatric Nurses Association
445 East Ohio Street, #250 Chicago, IL 60611