Phillis Sheppard is a visiting professor and consultant at ICSW in addition to her role as associate professor at Pastoral Theology North Park Theological Seminary in Chicago. Her areas of clinical expertise are adult psychotherapy and psychoanalysis in culture, ethnicity, gender/sexuality, and religion. Dr. Sheppard has completed research on African American women’s experience of religion and spirituality, the psychology of religion methodology, and qualitative/ethnographic and psychoanalytical textual analysis.
- B.A., Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., Colgrate Rochester Divinity School
- Ph.D., Chicago Theological Seminary
- Clinical Training Self Psychology and Religion Certificate, Center for Religion & Psychotherapy of Chicago
- Adult Psychoanalysis Certificate, Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis
Additional Faculty Roles