Timothy C. Okeke, Ph.D.
Class of 2003
Timothy Okeke is currently the chair/field placement coordinator and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the social work program and student internship at Livingstone College in Salisbury, NC. He performs research on aging issues, including older adult health and care, and health care delivery models in sub-Saharan Africa. Dr. Okeke is also interested in gang prevention and ex-offender recidivism in Rowan County, NC.
- Elizabeth City State University, B.S.
- Harold Washington College, Certificate in Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling
- Norfolk State University, M.S.W.
- Institute for Clinical Social Work, Ph.D.
Memberships & Organizations
- Southern Gerontological Association
- Association of Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE)
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) , Ambassador
- CSWE Gero-Ed cycle 2 BSW Experiential Learning (BEL) Program
- National Register of Outstanding College Graduate, Fifth Anniversary Edition, Huntsville, Ala.
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges
- Alpha Kappa Mu Honor Society
- Livingstone TEAM (Teach, Educate, Achieve, Motivate) Award
- Livingstone Athletic Advisor Award
701 West Monroe Street Salisbury, NC 28144