A student is eligible for graduation when they:
- Completed all coursework with a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completed all clinical practicum requirements, including presenting a clinical case to a faculty panel
- Successfully completed a Qualifying Theory Exam covering concepts from psychodynamic theory courses
- Successfully defend a scholarly dissertation
- Fulfilled all financial obligations to the Institute
When I began thinking about a PhD program, I knew that I wanted a program that was clinically focused. From the first meeting with staff at the online open house, I knew that this was the right program for me. ICSW has expanded my clinical knowledge with classes oriented from a psychodynamic perspective and intensive clinical consultations with highly skilled clinicians/professors. My consultants and professors have been extremely supportive throughout the PhD process. Through my tenure at ICSW, I have enhanced my clinician skills and knowledge, helping me to work better with patients.