Minimum requirements for consideration for the Master’s in Clinical Counseling and Psychotherapy include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university — degree need not be in psychology or social work
- Minimum 3.0 GPA at all institutions of higher education
- GRE is not required
Applicants who meet the above criteria and are interested in applying to the program are welcome to apply online. During this process, applicants are asked to submit:
- Application Form
- Personal Statement (Guidelines)
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
Based on the above materials, applicants who appear well qualified for the program will be invited to a minimum of two interviews with ICSW faculty members (onsite or via video conferencing), and will be asked to take an online writing / critical thinking assessment.
Transfer of Credit Policy
We accept, on an individual basis, transfer of credits from any other accredited Master’s or Doctoral Program for courses which are equivalent to courses in the curriculum of ICSW’s Master’s or Doctoral Program pending approval by the Academic Dean or the Director of the Master’s Program.
- Courses from other programs must be evaluated by the Academic Dean and the Director of the Master’s Program.
- The evaluation will include a judgment of the general similarity in content and clock hours.
- We will accept credits totaling no more than twenty percent of the required coursework in any degree program.
- Clinical Practicum and case conference courses may be eligible for transfer of credit consideration.
- Courses may be no less than 5 years old to be eligible for transfer credit.
- Transcripts and syllabi need to be reviewed for content prior to granting transfer credit approval.
ICSW has always had a “test-out” policy for any course. Students must successfully complete the evaluation of student learning activities to demonstrate knowledge of course content.
For Fall 2019, applicants are encouraged to submit all application materials by June 1, 2019.
If you experience any technical issues submitting your application/payment, please contact Andrea Dunbar at 312-935-4245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.