Minimum requirements for consideration for the Master’s in Clinical Counseling and Psychotherapy include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university — degree need not be in psychology or social work
- Minimum 3.0 GPA at all institutions of higher education
- GRE is not required
Applicants who meet the above criteria and are interested in applying to the program are welcome to apply online. During this process, applicants are asked to submit:
- Application Form
- Statement of Purpose (Guidelines)
- Two academic or professional Letters of Recommendation (Guidelines/Applicant Recommendation Form)
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
Based on the above materials, applicants who appear well qualified for the program will be invited onsite for the remainder of the application process, which includes an in-person interview with ICSW faculty members and critical thinking assessment.
Transfer of Credit Policy
We accept, on an individual basis, transfer of credits from any other accredited Master’s or Doctoral Program for courses which are equivalent to courses in the curriculum of ICSW’s Master’s or Doctoral Program pending approval by the Academic Dean or the Director of the Master’s Program.
- Courses from other programs must be evaluated by the Academic Dean and the Director of the Master’s Program.
- The evaluation will include a judgment of the general similarity in content and clock hours.
- We will accept credits totaling no more than twenty percent of the required coursework in any degree program.
- Clinical Practicum and case conference courses may be eligible for transfer of credit consideration.
- Courses may be no less than 5 years old to be eligible for transfer credit.
- Transcripts and syllabi need to be reviewed for content prior to granting transfer credit approval.
ICSW has always had a “test-out” policy for any course. Students must successfully complete the evaluation of student learning activities to demonstrate knowledge of course content.
For Fall 2018, applications are considered on a case by case basis.
If you experience any technical issues submitting your application/payment, please contact Sebastien Beaudet at 312-935-4234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.