Areas of Interest & Approaches to Practice
Application of Contemporary Self-Psychology to the Treatment of Children, Adolescents, Adults, Couples, and Families
- PhD, Loyola University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- MA, Loyola University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- B.S., Lesley College, Cambridge, MA
Courses Taught at ICSW
- ESCL 102: Couple and Family Therapy
Additional Faculty Roles
Awards & Honors
- Schmidt Dissertation Fellowship
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- Governing Council of the International Association of Psychoanalytic Self-Psychology (IAPSP), Elected Member
- IAPSP’s Couples Therapy Interest group, Co-Founder and Chairperson
- International Association of Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy, Member
- American Psychological Association, Member
- APA’s Division 39-Psychoanalysis, Member
- Division 39’s Section VIII-Couples and Family Therapy and Psychoanalysis, Member
- Illinois Psychological Association, Member
- Leone, C. (2013). Helping couples heal from infidelity: A self-psychological, intersubjective approach. International Journal of Psychoanalytics Self-Psychology, 8(3), 282-308.
- Leone, C. (2013). The unseen spouse in individual therapy: Pitfalls and possibilities for the individual therapist. Psychoanalytis Dialogues, 23(3), 324-339.
- Leone, C. (2013). Reducing psychoanalytic dialogues: The International Journal of Relational Perspectives, 23(3), 352-355. Pitfalls, enhancing possibilities: reply to commentaries.
- Leone, C. (2008). Couples Therapy from the perspective of self-psychology and intersubjectivity theory. Psychoanalytyc Psychology, 25(1), 79-98.
- Leone, C. (2007). Toward a more optimal selfobject milieu: An intersubjective, self psychological approach to family therapy. In P. Buirski & A. Kottler (Eds.) New Directions in Self Psychology Practice. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
- Leone, C. (2001). Toward a more optimal selfobjective milieu: Family therapy from the perspective of self psychology. Clinical Social Work Journal, 29(3), 269-289.
- Leone, C. (1989). Classwork and homework in early adolescence: The ecology of achievement. Journal of Youth and Adolescense, 18(6), 531-548.
4433 W. Touhy Avenue
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
847-568-9642 , ext. 1