Karen is a psychotherapist & educator working in private practice with children, adolescents and adults. She is on faculty at the Institute for Clinical Social Work and also a clinical consultant for The Juvenile Protection Agency and L’Arche-Chicago. She is a prior Head of School for City Elementary and has also worked in other school setting. Her interests include diverse learners, mind/body integration and the integration of psych-dynamic and developmental issues. She is interested in how systems work.
Areas of Interest & Approaches to Practice
Approach: Psychodynamic psychotherapy from a Relational perspective.
Populations: Children, Adolescents, Adults and Couples
Areas of Specialization: Individual psychotherapy with children, adolescents and adults; Couples therapy with a focus on parent and/or marital issues. Interests include diverse learners, trauma, attachment disorders, developmental issues, and psychiatric disorders
- BA, Beloit College
- MA, University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration
- M.Ed. – Concordia University of Chicago
- PhD, Institute for Clinical Social Work
Courses Taught at ICSW
- Cl 511 & 512: First Year Case Conference 1 & 2
- Clinical consultant
Awards & Honors
- Edith Abbott Award Recipient, University of Chicago, SSA graduate student award for clinical and academic excellence
- Distinguished Service Award. Institute for Clinical Social Work, 2016
180 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 2200, Chicago, IL 60601