Patricia Seghers is on the faculty of The Institute for Clinical Social Work. She teaches the Case Conference I and II courses to 1st year students in the distance-learning program. Additionally she serves as a clinical consultant and participates on dissertation panels. She was the former Vice President of Training and Consultation at a community mental health agency serving in many capacities over 34 years. She continues to maintain a private practice.
Areas of Interest & Approaches to Practice
Clinical interest in working with a diverse age population: children, adolescents and adults. Appreciation of serving these populations within a private practice setting, as well as, within a community mental health agency. Psychodynamic psychotherapy, Relational theory.
- BA, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
- MA, University of Chicago (School of Social Service), Chicago, Illinois
- PhD, Institute for Clinical Social Work, Chicago, Illinois
- L.C.S.W. Illinois
- L.C.S.W. Louisiana
Courses Taught at ICSW
- CLDL : Case Conference I and II
Additional Faculty Roles
- Clinical Consultation
- Dissertation Committee
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- National Association of Social Work
Address: 2420 Adams Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70125