Allan Scholom, PhD is on the Faculty of ICSW, Secretary of the Board and on the Faculty of the Chicago Center for Psychoanalysis and President of the Psychologist-Psychoanalyst Section of the Division of Psychoanalysis of APA. He has served as President of the Chicago Association for Psychoanalytic Psychology, First Vice Chairperson of the Chicago Community Mental Health Board, and Founder and Chairperson of the Illinois Coalition of Mental Health Professionals and Consumers. He has been a consultant to mental health organizations, schools, government and businesses. Dr. Scholom has written and presented widely on the interface between psychoanalysis and politics, primarily regarding mental/health care issues. His teaching includes Case Conferences, and classes on Clinical Process, Understanding Dreams, and Psychoanalysis, Culture and Politics. Dr. Scholom is in the private practice of psychotherapy and psychoanalysis, and consulting with professionals and students in Chicago.
Area of specialty: Social justice; Psychotherapy and psychoanalysis; Consultation and supervision
Areas of Interest & Approaches to Practice
Psychoanalysis and Politics. Practice: Psychotherapy, Psychoanalysis, and Supervision.
Courses Taught at ICSW
- ESCL 101: Advanced Case Conference
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- Chicago Center for Psychoanalysis, Faculty
- Chicago Center for Psychoanalysis, Secretary of the Board
- Chicago Center for Psychoanalysis, Chair of Professional Affairs Committee
- Illinois Coalition of Mental Health Professionals and Consumers, Founder/Chair
- Chicago Community Mental Health Board, First Vice Chair