Dean Ida Roldan maintains a private practice in Oak Park and Chicago, providing consultation and psychoanalytic psychotherapy to adolescents and adults; she is bilingual/bi-cultural and specializes in working with Latino populations.She has been a clinical consultant at Children‘s Place since 1995, was awarded a fellowship at the Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis in 1998, and has been an advisor for the BRIGHTEN (Bridging Resources of an Interdisciplinary Gero-mental Health Team) program for the elderly at Rush Medical Center, Stroger Hospital, and Alivio Medical Center since 2008. Dr. Roldan has also served as an ICSW faculty member since September 2008, is a co-chair of the Board of Directors of Corazon Community Services in Cicero, and is a board member of SGA Youth and Family Services in Chicago.
Areas of Interest & Approaches to Practice
Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis with individuals – Young Adults and Adults; Specific Issues: Relational difficulties, HIV-AIDS and Immigration related issues.
- B.S.W., University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- M.S.W., University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Ph.D., Institute of Clinical Social Work, Chicago, IL
- Psychoanalytic Training, National Institute for the Psychotherapies, New York, NY
- L.C.S.W., Illinois
Courses Taught at ICSW
- CL 661: Psychodynamic Approaches to Difference
- CL 511: Case Conference I
- CL 512: Case Conference II
Additional Faculty Roles
- Research Advising
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- National Association of Social Workers
- International Association for Psychoanalytic Self Psychology
- International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy
- American Association for Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work
- American Psychological Association – Division 39
- Roldan, I. (2003). Dissertation Article. The Experience of the Puerto Rican HIV/AIDS Infected Person. Families in Society.
- Roldan, I., & Shelby, R.D. (2004). The role of the mentoring relationship in qualitative research. In Deborah K. Padgett, (Ed.), The Qualitative Research Experience. CA: Wadsworth/Thompson Learning.
- Roldan, I. (2006). Staying straight: Lessons from ex-offenders.” Clinical Social Work Journal. 34(2).
- Roldan, I. (2007). AIDS stigma in the Puerto Rican community: An expression of other stigma
phenomenon in Puerto Rican culture.” Inter-American Journal of Psychology, 41(1).
30 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60602